Appropriate self-disclosure at work and how to deal with passive-aggressive co-workers
This can be a tricky
situation. I think that it is good to
get to know the people you work with and to let them know a little about you. It helps to build trusting relationships, but
you really have to know when enough is enough.
I do not disclose everything about me, just enough to build a trusting
relationship with my co-workers. They would know that I am married. They would hear a lot about my fabulous dog and maybe about some of the adventures we go on. But I would not disclose anything more personal than that.
I tend to just not care about gossip and try to ignore it as much as possible and stay out of it. If someone is
acting in a passive-aggressive manner to me, I usually just call them out on
it. I have not had much trouble with
this with my co-workers, but have had some issues with passive-aggressive boss’. I try to just go to work to do my job and I
really try to not get involved with gossip or hanging with co-workers outside
of work.
No comments:
Post a Comment