Before this class I was only confident
writing summaries or boring research type papers. I had no idea what literary analysis was and
had no real interest in learning more about it.
This class has changed my perspective.
While I don’t expect to ever have a writing career, I do love to read
and am excited to have a new skill in interpreting text. I had not spent much time actually thinking
about where an author was coming from or what they might have meant. I have always just rushed through the text
and then moved on to the next. Only to
have an opinion of whether I liked or not, but never a real reason why.
I am finishing up my last semester at
Yavapai this summer and will have finally finished my associate’s degree. I
wish that I had taken this class earlier in my college career, as I think it
would have been a big help with other writing assignments. I hope to move on to working towards my bachelor’s
degree in accounting very soon. I am not
sure how much writing will be involved, but if there is any, I know the skills
that I have learned in this class have helped to prepare me for any future
writing assignments.
When I first saw the reading list for
this class I was very disappointed. I
had seen the movie of both, Winter’s Bone
and Up in the Air, and hated them! I almost dropped the class! I am so glad I didn’t. While my opinions about, Up in the Air, have still not changed, I absolutely loved reading Winter’s Bone. I went back and watched the movie again and
loved it too. If I could change one
thing about this class it would be to get rid of, Up in the Air, all together.
I hated reading it, watching it, and most of all, writing about it. Getting through it was the biggest challenge
for me in this class. I am still battling
with writing my paper, but I do believe that it will make me a better writer in
the end. Reading and writing about
something that I do not enjoy only makes me more appreciative of the things
that I love.
I was also very nervous about the
technological aspect of this class in the beginning. Not anymore!!
I think this is what I benefited most from in this class. I never intended to become any type of
writer, but I do own my own business and needed the skills to be more
technologically savvy. I will be able to
use the skills I learned in this class to better my store’s image and advertise
in ways I never knew possible.
Marie,
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your associate's degree!
I can relate when you said you were nervous about the whole technology aspect of the class.
I'm usually really good at technology, but the whole blog thing was very new to me. I'm glad I was able to learn about using a blog for this class. Something I can use in future classes.
I'm glad that you have become better at interpreting text in books. You seem like you have a good plan for yourself so keep up the hard work. Congrats on your associates degree almost! Good luck with the rest of your school ahead of you!
ReplyDelete