Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Blog Post #14: Technology!


I have found that I prefer to take my classes online because they offer so much flexibility.  I am not just a student, I am also a wife, a business owner, and care taker for my elderly grandmother, so the ability to work on assignments when is convenient for me is really important.  I had never taken an English class online before and found that it was a big challenge for me.  I am not very fond of writing and the timing of this class was rough due to all that was going on in my life, but as the class is coming to a close, I am so proud that I pushed through.  My biggest challenge was making the time to produce quality work.  I would not have been able to take this class had it not been online, but I think I would have done much better if I had taken it in a classroom setting.  Most classes have been extremely easy for me online, but since I struggle with English, I was not disciplined enough to keep up with the work.
Learning how to create and maintain a blog was the most beneficial to me.  I am going to create one for our business where we can document all of our adventures and things going on at the store.  I am even considering creating one for me.  I am not much of a writer and never would have thought that I would ever have a blog, but now that I have moved away from Arizona, I think that a blog will be the perfect way to continue to share my life with my friends and family.  My husband is an actual writer, but lacks most technological skills, so he is also very excited to have a blog himself.  I am going to create and maintain it for him and he will have a place to share what he writes.




 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Marie!

    I can relate to this post in a lot of ways. I am the mother of two children, I manage my household and I go to school full-time. I am a very busy person. I have found that successfully completing this class online despite all the things going on in my life has given me a great feeling of accomplishment, and I am sure you share that feeling with me due to all the things you mentioned going on in your life.Congratulations on your perseverance. Like you I would not have been able to complete this class had it not been online. Good luck in the rest of your educational endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie,
    This was the second online english class I have taken at Yavapai but Mrs. Cline's class was much different from my last one. I also struggled with finding the time to sit down and get the work done due to to being a mother, employee and a full time student all at once but like you I pushed through it successfully. Good luck with your blogs.
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie, wow it looks like you have your hands full with all the things going on in your life. I felt the same with the time management, and I will admit that I prefer to take some online classes because it offers so much flexibility. I think it's great that you have found a way to use the skills we were taught in this class, especially with blogging. I hope that you continue to use it and have much success and fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Marie: I want to thank you for your last blog post. I viewed and read both the Final Presentation and the Technology write-up. You did an excellent job with both. The Final Presentation was wonderfully done. It was very informative and lively with color. It held my attention. The writing you did on technology was also very good. It sounds like you have an overwhelming life right now. It is very good that the online classes are available to you. Your writing in the Technology paper seemed to flow well, so try not to be to hard on yourself. The comment about being happy you persevered with the class...I was there myself. Just like you I am glad I did. Wow, look where we are at now. I wish you the very best in your future.

    ReplyDelete